home ed sports
TWO LOCATIONS, ONE COMMUNITY
Sports drills, challenges
and team games.
Home Ed Sports is open to children from Portsmouth and beyond, age 5 – 14 of all abilities and backgrounds.
Sessions include physical activities supported by encouragement in key character building principles, and lots of fun for everyone!
rules & restrictions
There are some really important rules we need to make sure are in place so that each session can happen safely while still being as FUN as possible for everyone! This includes:
- All participants must be booked in before arriving to the event on the day.
- Children must be accompanied by a parent and carer on arrival and at end of the session, parents/carers can wait in the cafe or the hall during the session (unless it is the child/ren’s first ever session where we ask parents/carers to sit in the hall with us).
- If you /your child is new, we ask that you stay with us throughout the session. Should you have any concerns on whether your child will be able to engage fully with the activities, please share this with us before booking and please stay with us through the session, ready to temporarily bring your child to the sidelines.
- You must only attend if you and your household have no Coronavirus symptoms.
- Please arrive ready in time for a safe, quick and organised start and please exit efficiently at the end of each event.
To keep fees as low as possible, we are dependent upon building a consistent and regular attendance of participants. We ask that all parents and carers read our Payment Policy below prior to booking and taking part in sessions.
- The cost to take part in the full hour session of Home Ed Sports is £3 per child per session in Southsea and £4 in Waterlooville (to cover respective venue and travel costs and staff time)
- For families where there are 4 or more children (all siblings) booking on the same week, we will only charge for 3 children. Any additional children from the same family (siblings only) can attend free of charge. You must get in touch with us beforehand to confirm the free space before proceeding to the booking system.
- Payments must be made upon booking prior to attending the venue and session. We reserve the right to not allow anyone to take part who can not present their booking receipt/e-ticket on request.
- Should a child in your care who was booked on for a session then not attend that session, we can not guarantee that a refund can be made. Any refunds are made at the charity’s discretion following contact from the parent/carer on the reason of absence.
- Should we be notified of any children who were booked on to a session but can no longer attend, we can not guarantee that a refund can be made. However, we will still make the vacated places available for other children to be booked on to.
- Where a place has become available due to us being notified of a child no longer being able to attend, the new booking will still require a fee to be paid. Any departure from this will be at the charity’s discretion.
At the end of each Sports Camp day we group up with everyone, share some of our highlights or ‘champagne moments’ and talk about some things we’ve learnt together through the different activities.
We use our devotional cards to help the discussions while also sharing something related to our faith at the same time.